background

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Baby's Nursery!

I am so excited about the progress we are making on the nursery :) We actually put her crib together about a month ago. The day after we put it together I had to go to the hospital because I started showing signs of early labor :( And I have been on bed rest since...which has been really hard. It is especially hard to work on the nursery since I can't go anywhere. Thank goodness for online shopping :)

Here is a before picture of the room we are using for the nursery. This room was one that I had not gotten around to decorating yet. The day bed is going to stay in the room...don't worry though that bedding is going to go ;)


 
The first thing Nathan and I started looking for was a crib. We looked at so many cribs but just couldn't find anything that we liked. Finally, I found this beautiful iron crib that I immediately fell in love with!!
 
 
As soon as I saw it I knew it was exactly the look I was going for! This is the Casablanca Crib in Distressed White. You can find it HERE at Cloud 9.
 
 Daddy putting the crib together!!
 

 
I have an old rocker that I am going to get recovered. It is an awful blue fabric right now. It will look so much better once it is white :) I haven't picked out fabric just yet...I am waiting for the bedding (which I ordered today) to come in. Here is the chair before.
 
 
 
I am also planning on putting an armoire in the room. I have looked at tons and it has been really hard to find one that is exactly what I want...so I think someone is going to build it for me. I wanted to make sure that I got one that had the same feel as the rest of the room. And I didn't want it to be too big. I just can't imagine a huge armoire for a little bitty girl. So we are going with a more child sized armoire rather than the grand ones people are using so much these days. Here is a picture of what I am hoping it will look like.
 
 
 
Nathan has also been on me about picking out a paint color so he can get the room painted. If you know me at all you know that I have a super hard time making decisions about decorating. And I am even worse when it comes to deciding on a paint color!! So I have a feeling I will go with my trusty go-to color....
Edgecomb Gray (Benjamin Moore)
I LOVE this color!! I started out using it in my living/dining room. And every time I started to paint another room in the house I ended up going back to this. So I have a feeling that the nursery will end up being this color as well :)
 
 
The bedding I ordered is all white but I am planning on having her monogram put on some of the pillows in pink. And I want to accent with pink. Here is a picture of the pink mobile that will hang above her crib.
 
 
Isn't it adorable!!!! You can also find this mobile and more at Cloud 9!
 
 
 
I am so excited to see my sweet baby girl's room coming together!! I'll be posting progress soon!!!
 
Kelsey
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment