background

Monday, January 20, 2014

Welcome to Natalie's Nursery!

I am so behind in blogging!! So much has happened the last few months and I do plan to catch up on everything but today I only have a few minutes so I thought I would share pictures of my sweet girls nursery! And I am going to give a detailed list of where everything came from!! :) I hate when I see something I love on a blog and it doesn't say where it is from...so I am going to do my best not to leave anything out!!
I had hoped to have her nursery complete before she arrived. I had everything I needed to finish it...I just had not gotten it done. (For those of you who are new around here I was on bed rest for almost the entire 2nd half of my pregnancy! I pretty much pulled this room together from my couch :) Thank goodness for online shopping, my husband, and my parents!!) I had Natalie 3 weeks early...and while we were still in the hospital my husband and dad finished it for me! They are so sweet!! And did a great job!
 
 
Welcome to Natalie's Nursery!




As soon as I found out I was having a little girl I knew exactly what I wanted her nursery to look like...Sweet and Heavenly! I know a lot of people do bright colors for little ones...but I wanted something neutral and elegant. So I went with white and a few touches of pink.

If you are interested in seeing how the nursery came together you can check it out HERE, HERE, and HERE.

I think my favorite part Natalie's room is her crib. And I especially fell in love with the way it looks with the bedding on it! I wanted an iron crib from the beginning and knew I had to have this one as soon as I saw it! I loved the detail on it!
 

Her mobile was a gift from my cousins! It was one of the first things I picked out. And I love how the pink pops out around all of the white!! The wall sconces actually came from my room at my mom and dad's house. My mom found them several years ago and when I started putting together the nursery we decided that the room wouldn't be complete without them! Mom was so sweet to give them to me :)
 
 
I looked and looked for baby bedding for what seemed like months. The main thing I was trying to find was crib bedding that also had matching bedding for the day bed. I finally started looking at Restoration Hardware Baby & Child and was able to find a ton of options! They have regular bedding to match almost all of their crib bedding. I ordered about 10 fabric swatches in order to pick out what I wanted. It took me forever to decide! When I got online to order what I had picked out they had just released their newest collection! So of course I had to start ALL OVER!!!! I'm so glad I had waited though because I soon as I saw this I knew it was the look I was going for!

For her crib I decided not to do a bumper. I have read way to many things about babies suffocating with them and I am extremely paranoid about SIDS. I knew there was no way she would sleep with a bumper in her crib so there was no reason to even order one. I didn't want to have to take it off and put it back on a million times. I decided the duvet cover and pillows were a more practical purchase and liked the simplicity of the crib this way. In my opinion some cribs are way to over done and it can take away from the beauty of the crib.
 For the day bed, I ordered the same bed skirt as I did for the crib. I also ordered the same standard pillow shams and boudoir pillows. Instead of doing the flowered duvet cover I went with a solid white linen duvet cover. I didn't want it to get too busy. I love the duvet cover...however I didn't think through the linen part. Natalie and I spend a lot of time in her room and we sit on the day bed a lot!! And anyone that has had linen bedding knows how wrinkly it can get!! If I could do it again I might have chosen something that would be a little more "play" friendly! But I must say...it looks BEAUTIFUL!! Nothing can compare to beautiful linen bedding!


The bed canopy could not have turned out more perfect!! And I can only take credit for coming up with how to do it!! (I hope to do a post on how we made this soon!) I spent hours looking up pictures of bed canopies. There are so many ways to do them...and I didn't want mine to look dinky. Nathan made the box at the top and my dad attached the fabric. This is one of the projects they worked on while I was still in the hospital! It turned out exactly how I imagined!!!

Do you remember the ugly blue chair?? Well this is how it turned out!!! I LOVE it!! And so far the white has not been an issue at all :)


The blanket draped over the chair was also a gift from a cousin. It matches the mobile!! I love how it pulls the pink in the room together!

Here are a few more detailed pictures of things in the nursery!

Natalie LOVES being read to!




Look at all those toys!!


I am so happy with how her room turned out!! I tried to design it around Natalie and us being able to spend lots of time in there. And that is exactly what we do!! I hope she grows up to love her room just as much as I do!!
 
 
Here is a list of where you can find everything in her nursery! I will try to attach links to everything I can!
 
 
Casablanca by Bratt Décor
 
 
Washed Appliqued Fleur Toddler Quilt
Washed Appliqued Fleur Sham - Standard

Duvet Cover & Boudoir Pillows
Garment Dyed Linen Twin Bed Cover
Garment Dyed Linen Boudoir Pillow (I used a local store for monogram)

Birds Mobile & Matching Blanket
Pink Birds Mobile & Blanket by BlaBla

Storage Bin

Laundry Hamper

Curtains

Nightstand: Target
Rug: Target
Lamp: Hobby Lobby
Book Rack: Local Antique Store "Scobeks"
Armoire: Local Store "David Christophers"
Fabric for Bed Canopy: Hobby Lobby
Wall Brackets for Canopy: Hobby Lobby
Scripture Painting: "David Christophers"
Fabric for Chair: Hancock Fabrics
Paint Color: Benjamin Moore - Edgecomb Gray


Just for fun here are some picture of my sweet Natalie enjoying her nursery!





Hope you enjoyed the tour!!
Kelsey & Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment