background

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nursery Progress

I am so excited because I finally feel like we are making some progress on the nursery!! For those of you who don't know I went into early labor two weeks ago at 28 weeks pregnant. Luckily, they were able to get it stopped :) I had to go to UAB and was there for a week but now I am back at home on bed rest. We only have 10 weeks left until her due date...but there is a really good chance that she won't wait that long so we decided that we better get the ball rolling with her nursery!!
 
Nathan painted the nursery the weekend after I came home. It looks a million times better!!
 
Here is a reminder of what the room looked like before. It was an awful yellowish color. The room felt really dark and small.

Nathan working hard!!
 
Here it is finished!! The room feels so much bigger. We did go with the Benjamin Moore color Edgecomb Gray that I talked about HERE. And I LOVE the way it turned out!!
 
There has been one weekend that I haven't been on bed rest since August. My doctor released me to go back to work on light duty at the very end of September. My mom and I got out that weekend to do some clothes shopping since none of clothes fit me anymore :) We went to a store called David Christopher's while we were out and I found the most beautiful armoire!!
 
 
I was so excited to find this piece of furniture!! It was the last big piece that I needed to get and it is so hard to furniture shop from home :)
 
Here is a picture of the inside with some her things already in it!!
 
Nathan went to one of our local fabric stores called Your Décor to pick up some fabric samples for the rocker. They are always so helpful over there!! Here are some of the choices he came home with...I am still trying to finalize which one I am going to go with.
 
 
 
Today we had a package arrive...and it was more of the bedding!!! We are still waiting on one last shipment that we probably won't receive for another month or so :( But this is the main thing the I had been waiting on...the duvet cover for the crib!! I am so excited about it!! It looks exactly like I hoped it would!!
 
 
NOTE: The crib is still not complete! I am still waiting on pillow shams and I don't have sheets on the mattress yet. But I just couldn't wait to share!!
 
Another piece that I forgot to share the first time around is the antique book rack. This is actually the very first item that we purchased for our baby! There is a local antique store here in town called Scobek's. I LOVE their store!! So many pieces of furniture in my house have come from there!! And the guys that run it are awesome!! They are so helpful and always help me find whatever I am looking for! If you live here and have never visited their store you are missing out!!!
 
 
 Isn't it sweet!!! I fell in love with it the second I saw it!! I can't wait to fill it with books to read to my baby girl :)
 
Another thing that I am really excited about are these super cute wall sconces that are going to go above the crib. They actually hung over my bed at my parents house but we decided that they were perfect for the nursery...so I stole them from my mom. This is not the best picture but you will get the idea!
 
 
Here is a drawing I did of what I have in mind for above the crib. Don't laugh!! I have never claimed to be an artist!
 
 
I plan on hanging to the mobile in the middle and the sconces on either side. I know that the mobile in the middle is not the traditional way to do it...but I think it will work. I am still waiting on it to come in though.
 
Here is a picture of the daybed. It still does not have bedding so it looks pretty pitiful.
 
 
The wall space above the bed is pretty big and I have been trying to figure what to do to fill the space. I think I have decided to do a canopy. I didn't want to do a bed frame because it would take up so much room on the sides but I feel like the bed needs to be outlined in some way. Here is a picture of what I am planning on doing.
 
 
I have a mirror that I am going to have painted and I saw these really cool wall letters online that I think I am going to hang over the mirror. Here are pictures of both.
 
 
 
I am still looking up ideas on exactly how I want to do the canopy. I'll share them soon :)
I also need to have Nathan hang the curtain rods so I can pick out curtains. And I need to pick out a rug. Once we finish all these things her nursery will be complete!! Hopefully it won't be long!!
 
Until next time!
Kelsey
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment